21 January 2012

Madrid Dia Dos

Hola amigos,

Phwoo. I am tired. One of the simultaneously good and bad things about Europe is its walkability. This morning/afternoon I walked from my hostel to Madrid's equivalent of Cental Park, Parque del Buen Retiro and spent 3 or so hours there soaking up sunshine and the wonderful words of The Shadow of the Wind. I walked some more to a cafe for some coffee and lunch, and then walked down the Gran Via again, and did a little shopping. Alex, if you are reading this, please give me some ideas of what to get you! I already got Dad a Real Madrid (Madrid's football club) jersey, so that's out of the running for you... I know you usually get t-shirts or baseball hats, but I'm hoping to come up with something different. Anyways, most of my time in Madrid so far has been quite relaxed, which is a relief after the stress of exams. I don't know what my plans with Maria are for tonight, but I'm sure they will include a nice dinner and drinks. Tomorrow morning Maria plans to take me to the most amazing churro/chocolate shop in the entire world, and I cannot wait. Again, I don't know what Maria has in mind for the rest of the day tomorrow, but I'm sure it won't disappoint. I also need to coordinate with Maria when we are going to go to Museo del Prado together. There's so much to see, and luckily I have a lot of time to see it! I'll keep you all updated, but not in the same precise way that Alex does. He's cleverer than me on that front.

Hasta luego,
--Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment